Commitment to Service
St. Christopher School mandatory Commitment to Service requirement for the 2017-2018 school year is 40 hours or $400 in support of school fundraisers. A Reverse Raffle ticket is purchased as part of your tuition and will count toward your Commitment to Service requirement. Six hours must be given in support of the Parish Feast.
This program asks parents/guardians to make a commitment to share their time, talent and treasure. Your Commitment to Service can be fulfilled by time worked, financial support or a combination of different activities.
School fundraisers which supplement tuition help us to meet the financial needs of the school and to maintain a tuition as low as possible. It is important to remember that the cost of tuition does not cover the cost to educate a child at St. Christopher's. If this commitment is NOT
met the balance MUST
be paid before the last week of school. In keeping with our tuition policy we request that any family having difficulty with this obligation contact the Pastor or Principal, Mrs. Anne Lederer.
"TIME AND TALENT"
Listed here are the components of the Time and Talent portion of the Commitment to Service program.
- For this school year (2017-2018), hours worked will count at the rate of $10 per hour. All hours worked as a member of a committee or in service at school sponsored events will count as part of a family's commitment to service. The hours worked will be verified by the chairperson of the event of the class coordinator and given to Mrs. Riley, the Administrative Assistant, who will keep a record of them. These events are those listed in the School Calendar and any event added during the school year.
- Parents/guardians who volunteer as class coordinators will be granted 10 hours for their yearly service.
- Parents/guardians who offer their services to the school in any other capacity must have this service verified by the School Administration.
4. Service to your Parish is also considered to be part of your Commitment of Service
5. All volunteers must be Virtus trained.
LIST OF ACTIVITIES WHERE HOURS WORKED COUNT TOWARD COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
|Feast 2017 (for the 17-18 school year)
|Cookie Dough Sale
||School Supply Kits
||KidzStuff Coupon Book
||Grade 7/8 Dances
|Class Night (7th Grade Parents)
||Breakfast with Santa
||Mother's Day Boutique
||Reverse Raffle Event
||Father's Day Boutique
||Fall Craft Fair
|Yankee Candle Sale
||Palm Sunday Craft Fair
||Memorial Day Parade
|Ogympics Practice Supervision
||600 Club Coordinator
| CYO coach
|| Religious Education Catechist
|| Eucharistic Minister
Financial support of our Fund Raising is essential in order to maintain reasonable tuition rates and the continuation of the many programs offered by our school. Money spent on fund raisers will BE CREDITED
at a Rate of 40%. The Reverse Raffle ticket will also be credited at 40% or $40 per ticket sold.
Any hours worked or money spent in excess of this year's commitment will not be carried over to the next school year since this is an annual program.
Thank you for your support. All of your hard work is much appreciated, as well as very much needed. If you have any questions please call Mrs. Anne Lederer @ 223-4404