Dear Parents, Guardians, Faculty and Staff,
New York State Education Law, Section 409-H, requires all public and non-public elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty and staff, regarding the potential use of pesticides throughout the school year.
I am writing to inform you that our landscaper uses two fertilizers and one herbicide on the adjacent Church lawns.
St. Christopher School is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty and staff who wish to receive 48 hours prior written notification of certain pesticides applications.
The following applications are excluded from notification:
- anti-microbial pesticides and products
- aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects, including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets
- nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations or in areas inaccessible to children
- silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use paste, foam, and gel formulations of insecticides in areas inaccessible to children
- nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations or in areas inaccessible to children
- boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate
- a product designated by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a biopesticide (www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides/)
- a product classified by the EPA as an exempt material under 40 CFR 152.25
- an emergency application of a pesticide to protect against an imminent threat to human health
- a pesticide application which occurs when the facility remains unoccupied for a continuous seventy-two hours following the application
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48 hour prior notification list. If you would like to receive 48hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled at St. Christopher’s, please complete the form below and return it to school.
We (I) wish to receive 48 hour notification of pesticide applications.
Name _______________________________ Address _________________________________